If you're having troubles getting your Monitor connected, then the first thing to try is to unplug the Monitor from power and then plug it back in again. Then try starting the registration process again from the beginning.
If that doesn't help, here are some of the things that could be going wrong:
- You may have entered the wrong password for your Wi-Fi network. Start over to double check that you typed the password correctly.
- Your phone may be on a different Wi-Fi network from your Monitor. You need to connect it to the same Wi-Fi network you are connecting your Monitor to.
- There is no Internet access from the Wi-Fi network you are connecting your Monitor to.
- Your Wi-Fi access point or router's firewall may be blocking the Monitor from talking to the Internet. If you are technically inclined, make sure in your firewall settings that outgoing TCP port 8080 is allowed.
- Once the monitor announces “Press Setup button”, it is required that this step is completed within 2 minutes, before the registration window closes.
- Also, ensure that only the “Set up” button is pressed upon announcement from the monitor. Registration is expected to fail, if the “Test”button is pressed at this step.
If the problem persists, try to reset your Monitor and start the registration process.
If your Monitor is already registered previously, ensure that the Monitor is removed from the account/location.