For background information please see the help video "Setting up your RemoteLync Camera" in the Getting Started Videos section.
You need to manually scan for the camera's hotspot using the "Settings -> Wi-Fi" option on your phone.
The camera will appear in the access point list with the name "CAM-xxxx" where xxxx is the camera's serial number. You can verify the number that appears here with the serial number found underneath the USB port cover on the camera.
If the camera does not appear in this list then go to the troubleshooting section below.
Your device will scan for the camera automatically and when found, will appear in a list for you to select, inside the RemoteLync app.
If the camera does not appear in the list then go to the troubleshooting section below.
If the camera does not appear in the lists then the possible scenarios are:
The camera is not in the correct mode:
- Reset the camera by plugging (or re-plugging) the usb cable into the camera and the other end to a USB port on a laptop, PC or wall charger.
- Once the camera resets press the camera's button twice.
- You should hear the audio message: "Starting up! Follow the instructions from your RemoteLync app."
- Repeat the above instructions for iOS or Android
The camera's battery is too flat to function correctly:
- A full charge can take up to 4 hours, however the camera can still be set up while charging.
- Repeat the instructions in "The camera is not in the correct mode" above.
- Leave the USB cable plugged in to give the camera a full charge.